Monday, June 13, 2011

FREE CAKE

After our massive afternoon tea, we had the most random ingredients in our fridge calling out to be used (lemons, sour cream, egg yolks, cream cheese icing, mango nectar, condensed milk, buttermilk, among others). I absolutely hate wasting food so I used some of these to make lemon curd, which I later used to make a lemon and yoghurt cake.

The lemon yoghurt cake had a dense and rich texture, and was carefully selected and made specially for my mother's tastes. However, in a mad rush to pack my car for Sydney, I STUPIDLY left the cake outside my apartment, free for any random passer-by to eat it :(. I was so annoyed that I spent time making a cake that might not be eaten and that my beloved tupperware might have disappeared. I frantically called up people who I thought might be in Canberra and changed my facebook status to:

FREE CAKE - i think i left cake outside my apartment when packing my car for Sydney :( - is anyone still in Canberra who lives close to [my suburb]??

THANKFULLY, a mutual friend of ours picked up the cake and tupperware. I was SO glad and felt a huge weight off my shoulders - then I thought 'Now, I can have a good weekend :)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...