Saturday, May 28, 2011

Dobinsons

One day, my flatmate and her uni friend went to Dobinsons, a cafe/patisserie in Canberra. I can't remember if I sampled any of the baked goods that they bought, but they looked delish...
For my birthday, my flatmate was worried that I wouldn't get any cake for my birthday so got me an orange and poppyseed tart from Dobinsons. Out of all the tarts that I've eaten in Europe, Asia and Sydney, this must have been the best orange and poppyseed that I've tasted!!!!! The shortcrust was AMAZING - it wasn't too buttery, or dry but as short and crispy as you expect shortcrust pastry to be. The almond meal in the filling gave the tart a wonderful dense texture that made you want more at every bite. The only downfall was that as I ate it, I wanted more and more so I resorted to eating the white part of the orange peel which was too chewy. Not a great last mouthful to a wonderful tart!

Overall, I thought the tart was so great that I wanted to share it with my mum so I saved a portion of it to bring home to Sydney.
Dobinsons Bakery Cafe
177 Bunda Street
Canberra ACT 2601

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...