Saturday, May 21, 2011

welcome to my food blog

Hii everyone!

I've been meaning to create a food blog for about 1 1/2 years but honours and casual work got in the way. So I've finally found some spare time (YES!!)... in between full-time work, editing a 25000 page report for post-uni research, enjoying a grad program, travelling to Sydney and cooking.

What's my motivation for this blog? If you know me, I take an enormous amount of pictures of food and this blog will be the perfect way to show you these pictures and talk about the stories behind them. I don't have an SLR camera but am happy with my compact Canon digital (well, for the moment).

My childhood was filled with food as my parents made a living by running catering companies. My dad always brought restaurant food home, which gave me *constant* access to chips, deep fried fish, dim sims, spring rolls, chicken schnitzels etc. Conversations around the dinner table (if any) would be about the restaurant or the food on the table. I spent many Christmas days working at my parents' restaurant(s) and my family and I frequented restaurants around Sydney. When I was about 14/15, I decorated cakes which were 5 times the size of my face for catering functions.

I frequently get asked... So, what exactly is going to be in your food blog? Daily food musings, reminiscences of food that I saw/ate overseas, critiques of food/places where food is eaten and some recipes (if I'm feeling generous).

What kind of food will you have on your blog? Wholesome or quirky or sweet food. High cholesterol runs in my family so I have to be health-conscious - I'll talk about food which has lots of veges. HOWEVER, I have a sweet tooth like no other and will include baking treats and treats that I eat and see.

Who are you blogging for? I am using this blog for self-expression and creativity sakes, and it is aimed at people who know me - friends in Sydney, Canberra and Europe, family, acquaintances etc. I don't intend for this blog to be available on search engines, to be seen by blog critics overseas and the 'culinary world', but if it happens, so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...