Sunday, February 5, 2012

live green - eat lentils and fake meat

It was Canberra’s first Living Green Festival – a showcase of all things hippie, including vegetarian and organic food, lifestyle products, environmentally friendly clothes/home items etc.
I got an Indian spiced lentil pattie from the ‘My Rainbows’ café stall. It was served with satay sauce, beetroot salad, lettuce and yoghurt raita. It was fulfilling, tasty and made me go: if vegetarian food is always this tasty, why am I not a vegetarian?

My friends got things from the Asian vegetarian stall – probably run by Au Lac. This included vege skewers and peking duck wraps. They were a bit apprehensive of the pseudo meat, but I thought it was tasty and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...