Wednesday, February 1, 2012

a make-do Chinese New Year eve

The past week has been manic. I moved out of my flat and relocated to a friend’s place. My parents came up to help me relocate, which was great. As it was the eve of Chinese New Year, I felt enthused to get some sort of Asian meal – I brought my parents to the Asian Noodle House in Tuggeranong.
It definitely was not the kind of Asian meal I would normally enjoy on CNY, but it was good enough. We got Pad Thai, Lemongrass Chilli Chicken, and Beef Pho. I only tried the first two – the Pad Thai was decent, had enough chicken to make me think that it wasn’t a rip off. The lemongrass chilli chicken was flavoursome (salty and sweet) but the lemongrass flavour wasn’t very prominent. The dish had lots of sauce, so it should have been eaten with a bowl of steamed jasmine rice.

Note that the number 8 in Chinese culture means prosperity or something like that. It was a sweet coincidence that we were seated at table #8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...