Friday, December 30, 2011

high tea at the Art Gallery of New South Wales

In 2010, I received a membership to the Art Gallery of New South Wales. One of the benefits of being a member is having vouchers for gallery events and tours. I wanted to share this with my friends so I invited them to an tour of Art & Soul accompanied by high tea.

I enjoyed the combination of food offered for high tea. However, at $35 for members, you get what you pay for. The dishes were commonplace, not necessarily made on site and rough around the edges.

We started with a pumpkin soup and a mini sausage roll with rockmelon/proscuitto. Crustless sandwiches had either roasted veges/feta (just like your typical panini at the local take away shop) or curry chicken of some sort. Although the sweets were aesthetically appealing, they were the key downfall of the tea. The cakes were clearly pre-packaged, scones were hard/dry (I can make better) and the macarons could have been skipped as they were a bit stale or hard.

Okay, to step down from my high horse, the high tea was just a bit of fun, and at least my friends got to experience it. I have high expectations for high tea and should understand that not all high teas are equal. It was good for what it was. After all, the art in the gallery should out shine the food.
Art Gallery of New South Wales
Art Gallery Road
The Domain, Sydney
www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...