Friday, December 16, 2011

wholesome food

After numerous weekends of excessive drinking, I went through a health-kick. I steered away from alcohol and craved unprocessed food. Most of this food is so mundane and not worthy of this blog, so I’ve included the more aesthetically appealing stuff.

Toast covered with cottage cheese and blueberries or strawberries.

Soybean cakes with a home-made cucumber and sweet chilli dipping sauce
Spinach and ricotta dumplings with white wine tomato sauce (Women’s Weekly recipe) – If I needed to, I could live on these for a week

Home made baked beans with fetta and toast – DEVINE food that reminds me of my mum’s cooking
It can be a challenge to be healthy and eat food that still tastes good. When I was much younger, there was a stage where I strictly avoided all types of junk food. For two years, I imposed a ‘food challenge’ on myself where I strictly didn’t eat any chocolate or ‘junk food’ such as lollies, chips, sugar-loaded cereal, raisin toast etc etc. Why? I binged on chocolate and coleslaw at the Sydney Royal Easter Show and it REALLY turned me off junk food… That year I lost 10 kilos – amazing for someone my size. However, I had a really unhealthy mindset. I never ever want to go back to extreme dieting again and haven’t needed to. Balance is essential.
After this, I realise its important to not restrict yourself too much in your diet. Instead, I now opt for 'wholesome food'. At the end of the day, its not always about what you look like, but how you feel about yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...